mewzak

mewzak

Monday, March 7, 2011

Donde esta la musica?! A compilation of updates...

My blog has been kind of dormant lately and one main reason is my computer has been having issues. Thanks to my brother, it is running much more efficiently right now. I'm hoping it stays that way now! So let me throw together a little bloggy blog here about some music stuff in my world recently...look, listen, love!


FILTER


First of all, a little reminder that Filter will be on http://www.rocklineradio.com/ tomorrow night! Filter will be the featured guests on the nationally syndicated radio show ROCKLINE with host Bob Coburn on Monday March 7th, 2011 at 8:30pm PT / 11:30pm ET. Fans are encouraged to call to speak with Filter toll free at 1-800-344-ROCK (7625).


There have been some tour dates for Filter announced in Europe. Check out the blog at Filter Fans Unite for details! http://filterfansunite.blogspot.com/2011/02/filter-tour-dates-2011.html




DURAN DURAN


I have been a loyal Duranie since I was about 11 years old. Here are some updates from my fave British boys:



Duran Duran on US TV!

The band are set to perform on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on March 22nd, which we have already announced, but we can now confirm that the band are also booked to perform onThe Ellen DeGeneres Show on March 25th, Jimmy Kimmel Live! on March 30th and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on March 31st.
Don’t forget to…

All You Need is Now Release Dates

ALL YOU NEED IS NOW is nearly here! To follow are release dates for the album in different territories. We will update this information as we get it!
March 21, 2011:
UK/Eire
Australia/NZ
Italy
Poland/Czech
Hong Kong/Singapore/Malaysia
Russia/CIS
March 22, 2011:
USA



MUMFORD AND SONS

I was very excited that Mumford and Sons got nominated for a grammy. Unfortunately they did not win Best New Artist. But their performance hopefully gained them some new fans! 


MOBY

Moby has a new album coming out and you can download 3 new songs for free here: http://www.moby.com/
I've been a Moby fan for quite some time and saw him in concert around 2001. 




MINDLESS FAITH

I kind of randomly came across this band from Baltimore/DC about a week ago and was pretty blown away by them. They've been around for quite awhile and toured The Netherlands and such. I got to see them perform in Baltimore and they have another show coming up on March 31 in Richmond. They also played in LA this weekend and have an NYC date next weekend I believe. 

I bought their 3 CDs from their website and you can get more info about them here: http://mindlessfaith.com

Oh and a side note, the guys are really cool in person and I think the guitarist looks like Richard Patrick haha. 






ELEPHANT BOY

Last but not least, our local semi-retired best band from Fredericksburg is supposed to be performing live at Hackers N Duffers on St. Patrick's Day! It's on Rt. 3 near Sakura's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment