mewzak

mewzak

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Confessions of Mewzak

I feel as though some people get annoyed by my constant posts, links, videos, etc., regarding music. So I felt the need to explain myself.


My love for music is pure. Nothing compares to the sensation of live rock music pulsating through my veins. Some people resort to drugs or alcohol, I resort to music to give myself a high.

My one argument is that those of you who criticize my behavior, are no different. I see numerous, repetitive posts from plenty of you about topics from sports, politics, religion, TV shows, celebrity gossip, etc. I have no issue with those, so don’t have an issue with mine about music or any certain band or musician I’m trying to promote at the time.

Yes, I’ve been smitten with Filter recently. But do you know why? For one, it’s one of my favorite bands. The other reason is, I’ve been trying to support the new album that’s been in the works for the past several months and is now finally due to be out in August.

Instead of just using these social networking sites for gossip and nonsense, I’m actually trying to spread some good music around. I love it when someone shares a song with me that I’ve never heard. You may discover a new favorite band that way.

Did you also know that my original career goal was to be a music journalist? “Mewzak” was my idea for a magazine name and what I now have as a tattoo (the cat with a treble clef tail), was my original idea for the logo. So blogging and linking online is my crutch for at least somewhat pursuing that passion.

So go ahead and talk about your American Idol, Glee, America’s Next Top Model, Redskins vs. Cowboys, Obama vs. Bush, and who’s having Brad Pitt’s next baby; I’d rather listen to some music…and then write about it and post links to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment