mewzak

mewzak

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Birthday and Filter CD Release Week! Chock full of stuff!

It's been an exciting week! I had a birthday and the new Filter CD came out! I have a lot of fun things to share!

First off (I hope he doesn't mind me broadcasting this haha), the highlight of my birthday regarding Filter, was the sweet little birthday message I got from Richard Patrick himself! I feel very special that he took the time to do that, despite playing a gig in Connecticut that night and traveling on the road. I was originally hoping for a local Filter concert near my birthday, but that made up for it haha.

I also heard through the grapevine that in addition to "Under," they also brought back "The Best Things" to add to the show setlist! I'm excited about that b/c those are two of the older songs I requested along with some other fans. I hope I get to hear them both live too!

Look, listen, love...


I think I deciphered the lyrics to my fave song off the new album. Correct me if I messed up any of them! I really love this song. I still can't get over the fact that it was written from Saddam Hussein's point of view before being captured. So strange, and turned into possibly the most beautiful Filter song so far in my opinion. ♥! Of course, it also features my favorite version of RP's singing voice, similar to "Only You" and "Miss Blue." I've always liked the abstract ending songs on the albums, but this one is like the perfect one.


“Plume” by Filter

In my desert
Top of my throne
King of what hurts
I sit here alone
Look at the black plume
As I wait here for you

Only the lonely
Only the lonely will hide
Only the lonely
Only the lonely will die

Pictures of myself
Were all taken down
Statues have crumbled
It’s just you all around
I’m here in my sandbox
My cage is unlocked

Only the lonely
Only the lonely will hide
Only the lonely
Only the lonely will die...

Lots of Picatures!

My Filter CD with awesome artwork and poster!

Back of my Filter shirt!


My awesome bday message from RP! Made me SO happy! :)


Filter in NY! Photo by Jason "Tatty"


RP's shot of NYC.


Filter Pics of Filter Pics...get it?


Rob Patterson's getting intimate.


Mika Fineo at MTV Radio!


The Filter bus! Let's tail it!

LOTS of videos!

I can't believe they did this song acoustic! Now it's time for a Filter Unplugged concert! I like how they're trying not to laugh, like they're thinking, "How are we gonna do this?" But they totally pull it off! Mika needs some bongos or something though haha.

This song is appropriate for a birthday I suppose heh. I might like this version even more than the previous two recorded versions!

Ok, I'm considering this my bday present from Filter hehe. Perfect ending to my birthday. :) Thanks guys! Now, if I can just get a live concert here soon...

Great performance, be sure to watch the end. It's funny, but don't hurt my RP!


A clip from the Filter guys being wacky in New York!


EF's 4-part Interview with Richard Patrick!









Some linkies:

Live Metal Net Interview

Rock Edition Interview

The Recorder Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment