mewzak

mewzak

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Taste of West London

If you're like me, it's hard to find NEW bands out there who really catch your ear. A few days ago I had one of those rare moments of listening to the radio and hearing a new song by a new band that amazed me. I've been known to call the radio station before to find out the source of a song I don't know, but it's been a long time. I broke down and did that the other day.

DC101, one of the best radio stations closest to my vicinity, played "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons. It sounded Irish to me, but after doing online research, I discovered that they are from West London. I then found several videos on youtube, which are below.

I will be buying their CD from amazon.com and they are touring the U.S. soon. I unfortunately did not see any dates near me, but I'd love to catch them sometime. My description of their sound is Coldplay meets Dropkick Murphys.

mumfordandsons.com

So look, listen, love!

















No comments:

Post a Comment