mewzak

mewzak

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Letter to Rolling Stone for Filter Cover Petition

Rolling Stone, how can you say no to THIS?! If I've got nothing else, I at least have passion and the nerve to pursue! You can't stop me! And YOU can participate too!

Hey everyone, I just emailed this to Rolling Stone. Our event page expires tomorrow and I wish we'd gotten more people but we gave it 4 months so I think it's time to bite the bullet! It would be great if you'd also send even just a short note to them too in support of the band! The email address is editors@rollingstone.com


Dear Editors of Rolling Stone,

Back in August a small coalition of Filter Fans organized a petition on facebook for fans to "sign" or "attend" in support of getting Filter on the cover of your magazine. You can also read the comments on the page. You can see the event page here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=151205101558268

I myself am a loyal fan of the band and in today's struggling music industry, I feel we have to work harder and harder to get our favorite bands noticed. Most people only know Filter for their hits, "Hey Man, Nice Shot" and "Take A Picture." It would be nice to get a decent feature article on them about their latest album, "The Trouble with Angels" and touring, or especially an interview with Richard Patrick.

The formation and history of Filter is interesting, stemming from Nine Inch Nails to going platinum as Filter. Richard Patrick’s progressing personal story of battling alcoholism to his family life now, is also a major human interest story. They have performed for the troops in the Middle East and Filter puts on one of the most raw, impressive rock concerts in rock history. You can ask anyone who has seen them live and I assure you the feedback will be positive.

We got 325 people to support our petition but here are other fan stats for Filter:
51,340 facebook fans
51,939 myspace friends
1,795 followers on twitter

That all adds up to potentially 105,399 readers who will purchase an issue of Rolling Stone with Filter on the cover.

I’m familiar with media. I’m going on 10 years working in the advertising department of a local newspaper, The Free Lance-Star in Fredericksburg, Virginia. We have about 50,000 daily circulation. So I understand the value of readership and single copy sales. How can you turn down such an opportunity in today’s market? The music business has been struggling as well as the journalism business. I am very passionate about music journalism in general and I get tired of mainstream features on artists that stemmed from the likes of American Idol. Let’s put an awesome band on that cover!

Here are links for references:
http://www.officialfilter.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Filter
http://www.myspace.com/filter
https://twitter.com/officialfilter

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Kristen Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment