mewzak

mewzak

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Givin All My Lovin to FILTER! Vote for Mindless Faith! Awolnation blows my mind! ShipRocked Battle of the Bands



Finally, the recorded version of Filter's ZZ Top cover song, "Gimme All Your Lovin," is unveiled! Give your ears some lovin right now and give it a listen in the music player at the end of this song review!
FILTER, ‘GIMME ALL YOUR LOVIN” – SONG REVIEW

The ZZ Top Tribute Album comes out October 11th and includes cover songs by FILTER, Steven Tyler, Mick Fleetwood, Jonny Lang, John McVie, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Nickelback, Wolfmother, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Coheed & Cambria, Mastodon, Wyclef Jean, Daughtry, and Jamey Johnson.
Pre-order the CD here: ZZ Top A Tribute from Friends on amazon.com

I have to say Filter has always been amazing at doing cover songs, from "One is the Loneliest Number" for The X-Files movie soundtrack, to a very dark version of "Happy Together" for The Stepfather soundtrack. This ZZ Top cover comes off just as creative! And I also think Richard Patrick's lower voice in the verse is super sexay. ;)

Daughtry, Nickelback, Filter to appear on ZZ Top Tribute Album

NICKELBACK, FILTER, MASTODON HIGHLIGHT ZZ TOP TRIBUTE ALBUM

More in Filter news...a Texas promoter French Smith seems to have ripped off the band at BatFest. So I say karma time!
Metal Sludge

I also found out Filter is playing a headlining show at Recher Theatre in Maryland on October 16, the night before I'm seeing them open for Bush and Chevelle at Fillmore. I unfortunately cannot make it to this newly announced show because I'm already seeing Duran Duran that night. But I'm still seeing my two fave bands two nights in a row, so I can't complain TOO much.
Filter Show at Recher Theatre

Got my Ticket!
Now, check out this Jane's Addiction remix by Mindless Faith and vote for them in the contest! Mindless Faith is an awesome band from DC/Baltimore. ;) They're some great, talented guys. Help 'em out!



And here's a recent remix they did of one of their own originals.



I just got the "Megalithic Symphony" CD by AWOLNATION. You might be familiar with their song on the radio, "Sail." No two songs on this album sound alike. I am an instant fan. I'm always impressed by eclectic music and they do NOT disappoint me.



Especially check out this song, "Knights of Shame." It's a 15-minute track that changes so many times it blew my mind. This live performance is even more amazing. Watch for the lead singer/guitarist swap with the drummer toward the end.



Also, check out and vote in the ShipRocked Battle of the Bands! One of these bands will get a chance to perform on the ShipRocked cruise in November! And let me throw in a little plug for Cage9 because a friend of mine knows them. ;)
ShipRocked Battle of the Bands! Vote Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment