mewzak

mewzak

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: Mindless Faith CD Release! Idiomatics! New Filter Album in the Works!



2012 is here....I have to say, I ended 2011 and brought in 2012 the perfect way I know how, with some of my favorite bands. The Idiomatics had a New Year's Eve Eve show and then Mindless Faith had their CD release party at the Bound New Year's Eve Ball. From indie rock in Fredericksburg, to industrial and techno in DC, it was a blast.

Thinking back on 2011, I'm wondering if 2012 can surpass all the fun I had this year. A year ago I remember hoping it would be a Filter year, and it took awhile, but it really did turn into a Filter year for me. 2011 started off kinda rough for me actually, but some things turned for the better and I discovered that concerts and traveling are a few of the things in the world that make me the most happy. I like the adventure and I enjoyed meeting new people and making some new friends. Oh yeah and getting to see Richard Patrick quite a bit, that was pretty cool too. ;^p

Now 2012 might have to pay for 2011 financially haha, but I'm optimistic about this new year. I know we'll all be curious to see what happens in December...I have the mindset that the ending of the Mayan calendar doesn't mean the end of the world, but it'll still be interesting to see...I think I've grown a lot in 2011, and made quite a few changes in myself for the better, from getting healthier to taking more chances to have fun and be a little adventurous. I'm going to try to hold onto that attitude change for 2012 and I'm ready to see what it will bring...

Now here are some tidbits for Mindless Faith, The Idiomatics, and Filter!



I just got my new Mindless Faith CD last night and it's a decadently dark, thought-provoking, rebellious, eargasming trip. Let it take you for a ride too. It brought me home on my 4 a.m. commute from DC after the New Year's Eve party.

I only got a few pics, not that great, but here they are anyway!

Chris
Jason
Rick
You can also check out the Mindless Faith YouTube Channel 

These two new songs are my faves so far:



Now here are some shots and vids I got of The Idiomatics the night before...

Alex and Michael
My fave song by them.

Raph and Brian
The Idiomatics do some impressive covers and this one was a surprise.

The Idiomatics
This is my fave dramatic ending song.

Now as for Filter...the first good news of 2012 is that they are already working on a new album! So hopefully some previews and more touring will ensue throughout the year. 

Now if this IS actually the end of the world, Richard Patrick wrote a song for the movie 2012 a few years back that's pretty fitting for us to go out on...It's a beauty.

have you ever seen the stars at night and wonder why so bright 
have you ever seen the sunset on a cloudy night and wonder why tonight

and maybe there's just one time with you I want to remember for eternity... for eternity

photographs taken like memories of you they disappear
colors of your eyes they fade with time they just can't stay clear

fades like a photograph
just want to bring you back

have you ever seen the bottom of the ocean from a plane what a sight
have you ever seen a sunrise in the snow cap mountains the twilight

and maybe there's just one time with you I want to remember for eternity... for eternity

photographs taken like memories of you they disappear
colors of your eyes they fade with time they just can't stay clear
photographs taken like memories of you they disappear
colors of your eyes they fade with time they just can't stay clear

fades like a photograph
just want to bring you back


To end 2011, Filter played for the troops in Kuwait, and while they were over there the announcement was made to end the war. Being Filter's third time over there, it was definitely special for them to be a part of that moment in history.

U.S. Army soldiers from 1st Cavalry Division, based at Fort Hood, Texas react during a concert by the band Filter, who performed for troops waiting to go home after their deployment in Iraq, at Camp Virginia, Kuwait, Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011. After nearly nine years, 4,500 American dead and 100,000 Iraqi dead, U.S. officials formally shut down the war in Iraq - a conflict that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said was worth the American sacrifice because it set Iraq on a path to democracy. (AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)
Poor Richard was not in good health during their travels, could be why he actually trips during "Trip Like I Do." 


Beautiful sound quality of my fave song!












Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment